Closing date: December 01 2018 | Full time | Manufacturing
Location: Adbaston, Stafford, ST20 OQJ
Hours: 42 hours per week. 12 hour shifts (2 days, 2 nights, 4 off)
The role of a Blending Team member is to ensure the effective performance of the blending operation whilst on shift, blending ingredients to a specific recipe to produce a quality product right first time.
• Lead, motivate and organise an individual production line to ensure daily production targets (efficiency & yield) are achieved and customer orders are fully satisfied.
• Ensure adherence to policy, laws and regulations in Food Hygiene and Health & Safety.
• Ensure that all finished product meets customer specifications & positive release.
• Accountable for product quality, ensuring that quality is everyone’s responsibility.
• Maintain audit ready Food Safety & Quality Management System due diligence records.
• Promote a Health & Safety, quality focused and a ‘clean as you go’ policy.
• Ensure checks, documentation are completed i.e. line safe start-up checks & handover.
• Deputise for the Line Leader when needed
• Undertake training in accordance with the plan.
• Participate in employee development reviews (EDRs)
Skills and Experience:
• Good standard of English & Maths
• Minimum of 2-years previous Production experience in Operations/Production
• Previous experience of working within a food manufacturing / packaging environment
• Good knowledge and understanding of quality systems and safety procedures
• Ability to drive improvements in machinery and performance
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Ability to lead and coach colleagues
• Confident decision making skills
• Results Orientated & Highly Motivated
• Ability to work in an accurate and methodical manner