Closing date: December 01 2018 | Full time | Manufacturing
Location: Adbaston, Stafford, ST20 OQJ
Salary: 40,803.75 (includes shift allowance)
Hours per week: Average, 42 hours per week (12 hour shifts, 2 days, 2 nights, 4 off).
Providing support to the Engineering function, reporting directly to the Engineering Manager.
The purpose of the Shift Engineer is to overhaul and repair machines and equipment on site. In particular the role holder will be responsible for the maintenance of mechanical and electrical installations and systems for buildings, including lighting repairs, effluent plant equipment, water extraction systems, portable appliance testing and fixed wiring testing. The work will be preventative maintenance and ad hoc requests for repairs whilst on shift.
You will support the Engineering Manager in maintaining and improving standards on site.
The Shift Engineer will be expected to actively promote safe working practices and ensure equipment is working efficiently and fit for purpose. There will be a clear focus on quality, efficiency and profitability.
Job Function / Responsibilities:
• Responsibility for maintaining mechanical and electrical systems relating to the infrastructure of the site. Including effluent plant and water bore hole pumps.
• Maintaining office accommodation, laboratories, production areas and warehousing.
• Portable appliance testing.
• Maintenance and repairs of portable appliances.
• Minor electrical installations.
• Assist site electrical engineers when appropriate.
• Comply with all Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Policies and Procedures.
• Must ensure appropriate use of PPE at all times.
Skills / experience
2 years+ experience as a Maintenance Engineer in a food environment
Applicants must be Mechanically biased, rather than electrically biased, but still have good electrical knowledge.
HND, or equivalent in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering; or qualification related to time served Engineering Apprenticeship.