Continuous Improvement Manager
Closing date: October 30 2020 | Full time | Manufacturing
Continuous Improvement Manager
Location: Adbaston, Stafford, ST20 OQJ
Knighton Foods is a UK manufacturer of instant dry powders for the food & beverage industry; supplying major retailers, co-food manufacturers, food service customers and brand owners. The company manufactures dry powders such as custard, skimmed milk powder, instant desserts, coffee creamers and hot beverages and has an annual turnover in the region of 60 million across 2 UK based sites. The Knighton site, based in Staffordshire currently has c250 employees and is a 24/5 operation. The site has a number of processing capabilities and is the only UK operation of its kind to provide a co-packing facility, with 18 packing lines in total.
The tonnage for the site is circa 20,000 tonnes. There are approx. 180 finished goods SKUs, 216 Raw Ingredients, 515 packaging items, 442 semi-finished ingredients and 90
suppliers. The site has several complex processes that require an individual that has experience of working within a FMCG environment.
· Lead and develop the site CI strategy via Lean and Six Sigma methodologies.
· To support the development of key lean Six Sigma and TPM/CI skills within the factory and wider Supply Chain.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
· Develop and implement a Continuous Improvement road map in line with the site operational plans.
o 5s implementation across the site
o Autonomous and Professional Maintenance Delivery on key machines.
o SIC – Taking it to the next level with FI/RCA/PDCA projects based on the top losses.
· Support and facilitate the continuous improvement plans owned by site management team members, with actions deployed and driven through area teams.
o Lead/implement the individual business units CI roll out plan.
· Support the development of milestones, display and manage the relevant KPIs to monitor/measure achievement.
· Lead the development of an on-site culture change within the BU structure which promotes problem elimination and a zero repeat failure frame of mind.
· Lead and facilitate improvements to systems, methods and procedures.
· Develop individuals and teams in lean methodologies and the CI process through coaching and experience.
KNOWLEDGE & SPECIFIC JOB SKILLS
· Six Sigma Black Belt
· TPM training
Achievements developed through experience:
· Experience of Lean tools (5s, TPM, and DMAIC Six Sigma).
· Competent in basic Six Sigma toolkit- example - Quality Tools, Process Capability analysis, DoE, FMEA etc.
· Good numerical and IT skills including the use of Microsoft Office.
· Ability to lead and coordinate successful cross-functional improvements as necessary.
· High level of written, oral and presentation skills.
· Demonstrable analytical skills, including the use of root cause problem-solving tools.
· Able to train others in lean methods. (Train the trainer).
· Able to link the lean activities to the wider business performance and benefits, well versed in financial management and analysis
· A sound understanding of the manufacturing process and its variables.
· A sound understanding of core business processes and drivers.
· Proven experience in delivering OEE improvements
· Ability to stratify data and complete pareto analysis to identify CI projects
CORE COMPETENCIES & BEHAVIOURS
· A self-starter, enthusiastic, positive, energetic and resourceful.
· Results driven
· A positive team player with leadership capabilities.
· Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organisation.
· Influential and assertive, maintaining good working relationships.
· Good organisational/planning skills with well-developed process thinking.
· Determination and resilience.